Introduction to Digital Photography Course
You will learn to master your digital camera and how to get the best out of it. It explains what all of the buttons and settings on your camera do, and how using their functions can improve your photography dramatically.
This introduction to digital photography course is suitable for beginners or those who want a refresher course on the basics. It is designed for anyone with any sort of camera, however, you will probably get more out of it if you have a SLR-style digital camera, or any camera with manual settings and interchangeable lenses.
- Why use a digital camera.
- Choosing a digital camera, which type or model to get and which lenses to buy.
- What else you need to start taking digital photographs.
- Basics of camera settings – shutter speeds, aperture settings, lenses, handling a camera, accessories, focussing.
- What functions do all of the plethora of buttons on a camera serve?
- Basics of camera techniques – what lenses to use, what is and how to get the correct exposure, how to read a histogram.
- Photographic composition – what makes a good photograph, what to avoid, how to use light and shade, how to use perspective, how to show movement, etc.
- How to photograph popular subjects – children, people, landscapes, buildings and nature.
- What to look for in order to make captivating, artistic images.
- When to use flash and when not to.
- Downloading and storing photographs onto a computer and backing them up.
- Uploading images to social media or your own website – what colour space/file format to use, and how to reduce them to an appropriate size.
- Looking at participants’ photographs and evaluating them.
- Looking at a selection of photographs from books, magazines or online and discussing them.
- General discussion and questions.
- Any advice during or after the course is offered at any time.
The introduction to digital photography course is a great first step in your photographic career! It will give you a thorough grounding in photography skills, whatever your interest or aspiration.